Alameda County Employment Law Attorney
California’s employment laws are some of the strongest in the nation for employees. When you are treated unfairly at work, you need a lawyer with a track record of results, who knows the law and how to protect your rights.
A Commitment To Enforcing Employees’ Rights | Oakland Discrimination Attorney — No Charge Until You Win
Oakland employment attorney Felicia Curran has more than 20 years’ experience in the employment law area, including jury trials in state and federal court employment cases. She is committed to enforcing the rights of employees in Oakland and throughout the Bay Area, and she does not accept the employer’s excuses for breaking the law.
Ms. Curran represents clients in a variety of employment situations involving:
- Wrongful termination: Illegal firing of an employee for discriminatory reasons, for objecting to sexual harassment or in retaliation for reporting an illegal act
- Sexual harassment: Inappropriate comments, sexual advances or propositions made in the workplace, at school or elsewhere
- Retaliation: Threats or unequal treatment in retaliation for reporting an employee issue
- Discrimination: Illegal actions due to race, sex, disability, pregnancy or other factors
- Whistleblowing: Reporting illegal practices by an employer
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) issues/caregiver discrimination: Workplace retaliation, discrimination or harassment relating to an employee taking federally sanctioned work leave to have children or care for a loved one
A Record Of Results | Oakland-Bay Area Employment Attorney — Contingency Fee
Ms. Curran has successfully represented clients in numerous employment law cases, including Meriola Gotthardt v. National Railroad Passenger Corp. (AMTRAK) 191 F.3d 1148 (9th Cir. 1999).
In this case, Ms. Curran and her co-counsel, Howard Moore Jr., obtained a combined jury verdict/equitable relief award after jury trial for the female victim of sexually hostile work environment. The award totaled $1.025 million plus an additional $300,000 for attorney fees.
Other notable employment case results include $1,225,000 for two women employees for sexual harassment; $500,000 for a whistleblower fired for reporting her employer to the federal government; $650,000 for age discrimination; $500,000 settlement for quid pro quo sexual harassment; $500,000 for sexual harassment; $330,000 for a gay man victimized by his supervisor; $281,000 for pregnancy discrimination; and $195,000 settlement for religious and sexual harassment. For information about other employment cases in which we have succeeded, please see our Notable Case Results page.
Contact Us | The Law Offices Of Felicia C. Curran
The Law Offices of Felicia C. Curran represents employees only in employment law cases and on a contingency fee basis. You owe us nothing unless we recover compensation for you.
To learn more about our legal services or to schedule a telephone case evaluation with our lawyer, contact us online in Oakland, California, or by calling 510-823-2331.